WTF

Take you ever had a week (or fifty-fifty a month) where you lot felt uncreative, bromidic, and mostly unimpressed with everything you are doing?

Nosotros've all been there. For me, it unremarkably happens after I end a big project (and sometimes when I am in the middle of one. uh oh.). Yous never know when information technology is going to striking. Just it will. Trust me. EVERYONE goes through periods where they feel a lack of creativity. Even in the people you admire most- you know, the ones that you think are immune to that sort of thing because they are and so dang awesome. Yep, it happens to them too.

But not to worry. I happen to think that the slumps are part of the process. The downturns are what allow for upturns. Right? So, with that in mind, here are a few suggestions I have for making it through a artistic slump…

1. Let it go.

Holding onto the fact that y'all aren't feeling specially inspired isn't going to brand things whatever better. So once you've best-selling that y'all accept a footling somethin', somethin' to work out, do your best to allow it get! Freeing yourself from that bogged down feeling you lot get when y'all are in a slump might be the very thing that clears your mind up for inspiration again. And if not, no worries- move on to tip #2.

2. Skip out.

Skip out on piece of work early on 1 twenty-four hours (if you lot can) and practice something fun. There are no rules as to what 'that thing' should exist. Merely something that makes yous happy and preferrably something that is unrelated to your piece of work. Go to an afternoon movie. Take a hike with your dog. Get shopping. Just do something. Getting out of 'work mode' for a bit tin really help and the alter of environment is expert for your mind.

3. Make a date with friends.

Invite a friend out to lunch and get chatty. Don't be shy. Let her know your situation and ask her what she's been inspired lately. Who knows. It might just spark something in yous too. FYI – A telephone call (or google hangout) will work but fine if you lot can't meet up in person. I schedule online hangouts with long distance weblog friends at least once a calendar week. Information technology really helps! Your friends will always be at that place to help elevator your spirits. And when you're happy, your mind won't exist feeling all anxiety-ridden, making room in in that location again for new ideas.

iv. Get with the flow.

The best way to explain this i is past telling a personal story…Tuesday, I finished up a serial of large, time-consuming projects for a handful of sites. I loved doing them, but they were all due at the same fourth dimension, and so it was a bit stressful. I decided though, that when I turned in all the projects and everything was washed, I would celebrate with a piffling break, for the rest of the day. Pocket-sized, I know. Merely I thought it would exist a dainty reward. Well, I quickly realized that that wasn't going to be possible because bated from the projects I had but turned in, I had plenty of other obligations that I couldn't only put on concord. So I kept going…feeling a picayune defeated, admittedly.

Then the next day, I started writing this mail, which actually began as an Interior Obsessions post and eventually turned into the postal service y'all are reading right now. Kind of a completely different direction, right? But, I merely rolled with information technology.

Interestingly plenty, I had been thinking, days earlier, about how I haven't written any biz tips posts lately (luckily Tiffany does an amazing chore bringing you her tips and biz inspirations every other calendar week), and I was starting to feel guilty about the fact that I hadn't contributed to that side of the blog in what felt similar too long. And so, BAM! But like that, a post similar this one flows through my fingertips. On accident.

The signal here is, sometimes it's okay to fall down the rabbit hole. It may only pb you dorsum to exactly where you want to be.

So those are my tips. At least for now…I have a scattering more, but it was starting to become too long. So I'll brand a part Two in the coming weeks.

Now it's your turn.

What are your tricks and tips for overcoming a artistic slump?